Listed below are Group Training Courses for Microsoft Project and also for Planning Mechanics.
Click here to view Individual Training Courses
Microsoft Project 2010 or 2013 Basics – Group ($600/person)
Do you manage projects and want to learn how to use Microsoft Project to control cost, scope, and schedule? In this one-day, 8-hour course, you will learn the basics of Microsoft Project with no more than seven other participants. This class is a blend of instruction and hands-on exercises. Textbook provided.
Microsoft 2010 Topics Include:
- Starting Microsoft Project 2010
- Viewing the Project 2010 Window
- Creating a Project Schedule
- Assigning Resources and Costs
- Tracking Progress
- Communicating Project Information
Microsoft 2013 Topics Include:
- A Guided Tour of Microsoft Project 2013
- Scheduling Basics
- Setting Up Resources
- Tracking Progress
- Organizing Project Details
- Formatting and Sharing the Plan
Next class is Friday, March 13, 2015 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Register using the “Buy Now” link below.
You know the basics of Microsoft Project, but how do you create a mechanically sound schedule — one that can function as a predictive management tool? This eight-hour course will teach planners how to create a Work Breakdown Structure, and then turn it into a schedule following the principles of good planning. We’ll talk about features of Microsoft Project to avoid in planning such as lags, leads, and constraints. Even better – we’ll teach you a better way to model your project so you can avoid usage of those features altogether.
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
- Mechanical Wellness Checks
The course will be held at the Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce located at 465 W St Mary’s Rd, Tucson, AZ 85701. Lunch will be provided.
Please ensure you review the Cancellation Policy at the bottom of this webpage. By registering for the course, you certify that you have read and agree to the terms.
- Minimum two people per class.
- Maximum eight people per class.
- For training involving the use of Microsoft Project, participants use their own laptops pre-loaded with the software (clients can download their free 60 day trial for Microsoft Project 2010 and Microsoft Project 2013).
- Lunch is not included unless otherwise specified.
- Participants are expected to be on time for the course. Time cannot be added to the training session to make up for late participants. Course starts and ends as scheduled.
- P3A will submit Project Management Institute (PMI) on behalf of students for PDU credit.
- All courses are conducted in Tucson, Arizona.
A full refund is available to students who cancel 14 days prior to the event. If fewer than 14 days remain until the course and the student can no longer attend, he or she may apply the fee to a future course as long as it is requested at the same time the cancellation is received. Else, the full fee is forfeit. Substitutions may be made at any time, including the day of the course. To cancel, reschedule, or substitute another student, please call 1.520.975.6818 or use the Contact Eve form on this website.