Listed below are Group Training Courses for Microsoft Project and also for Planning Mechanics.
Click here to view Individual Training Courses
Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019 Basics – Group ($600/person)
Do you manage projects and want to learn how to use Microsoft Project to control cost, scope, and schedule? In this one-day, 8-hour course, you will learn the basics of Microsoft Project with no more than seven other participants. This class is a blend of instruction and hands-on exercises.
- Starting Microsoft Project
- The Microsoft Project Interface and Options
- Creating a Project Schedule
- Assigning Resources and Costs
- Tracking Progress
- Communicating Project Information (e.g., Critical Path)
The above topics are tailored to the version of Microsoft Project used by the student.
Good Planning Mechanics – Group ($800/person)
You know the basics of Microsoft Project, but how do you create a mechanically sound schedule — one that can function as a predictive management tool? This eight-hour course will teach planners (also called schedulers, project controllers, or project managers) how to create a Work Breakdown Structure, and then turn it into a schedule following the principles of good planning.
We’ll talk about why features such as lags, leads, and constraints should be avoided and how to build a more mechanically-sound, predictive schedule without them.
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
- Mechanical Wellness Checks
This course may be held at an organization’s business offices.
Please review the Cancellation Policy at the bottom of this webpage.
- Minimum two people per class.
- Maximum eight people per class.
- For training involving the use of Microsoft Project, participants use their own laptops pre-loaded with the software.
- Lunch is not included unless otherwise specified.
- Participants are expected to be on time for the course. Time cannot be added to the training session to make up for late participants. Course starts and ends as scheduled.
- P3A will submit Project Management Institute (PMI) on behalf of students for PDU credit.
- Courses may be conducted anywhere in the United States, although instructor travel costs are not included in the rates and will be bid separately.
A full refund is available to students who cancel 14 days prior to the event. If fewer than 14 days remain until the course and the student can no longer attend, he or she may apply the fee to a future course as long as it is requested at the same time the cancellation is received. Else, the full fee is forfeit. Substitutions may be made at any time, including the day of the course. To cancel, reschedule, or substitute another student, please call 1.520.975.6818 or use the Contact Eve form on this website.